Monday, April 21, 2008

Grillin'

The weather was beautiful Sunday, perfect for grilling. I have several go to marinades. I used the lemon tarragon last night and it was delicious as always.

Lemon Tarragon Marinade
Equal parts: Lemon Juice, Oil, White Wine
(I was grilling two whole boneless, skinless breasts so I did 1/3 C. each)
Salt and Pepper
Garlic
Tarragon (I'm still doing dry as my herbs are not in yet.)

Mix all the ingredients in a glass dish or large Zip-Lock bag. Marinade chicken for 6 to 8 hours. My grill was at 450 degrees and I did seven minutes per side. Very juicy, tender chicken.

I tried a new side dish I thought would be good and it turned out awesome!

Lemon Orzo
1C. Orzo
Juice and zest of one large Lemon (I’m guessing 1/4 cupish)
Salt and Pepper
2 Tbs. Olive Oil
Handful Toasted Pine Nuts
Handful Shredded Asiago Cheese

Zest, then juice, the lemon. Add salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil.
I toasted my pine nuts on a sheet in my toaster oven. Mixed cooked pasta with he lemon and added the pine nuts and cheese. It was a great compliment to the chicken and will definitely be added to the rotation.

No comments: