Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Counrty French Chicken

I love my slow cooker. Coming home from work and having dinner 95% done is heavenly. An added perk is the fact that you can get by with far less oil/butter than traditional recipes. Ocassionally i take dish I do on the stove top and try to convert it to a slow cook recipe. I had tremendous success with a chicken meal I hope you'll like.

  • 1 ½ lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken
  • 2 Carrots
  • ½ lb. Crimini Mushrooms
  • ½ Onion
  • 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
  • ½ Cup Red Wine
  • 2 Tbs. Dried Tarragon
  • Salt and pepper

Slice and dice veggies and put them on the bottom of the slow cooker. Chicken next; cut inot chuncks and season with salt and pepper. Drain the tomatoes and pour over chicken. Mix tarragon with wine and pour over all. Cover and cook on low 8 hours.

I served this in bowls over egg noodles. Enjoy!

No comments: