Friday, April 25, 2008

Asian Style Barbecue Pork

I have a BBQ sauce recipe that I love with chicken and beef, but I wanted to try something different for pork.

Asian BBQ Sauce

  • 1 C. Ketchup (Shut it, it’s the best way)
  • 1 Tbs. Each:
    Brown Sugar
    Rice Vinegar
    Soy Sauce
    Fresh Ginger
  • 1tsp. Red Curry Paste (This is where you can turn up the heat if you'd like)
  • Butter

Mix everything but the butter in a sauce pan, bring to a boil and simmer five or so minutes. Stir in one to two tablespoons of butter. (Gives the sauce a pretty gloss, and adds a little richness)

I used thick center cut, boneless chops, but I think this would work with pork tenderloin as well.

I had my grill at about 360 to 370 degrees, and used indirect heat. I brushed both sides of the chops with sauce. I went fifteen minutes per side, and basted a few times. I do NOT cook the crap out of my pork. If you feel the need, by all means go longer.

I served this with Basmati rice and asparagus. Spicy, tender, delicious.

No comments: