Sunday, February 10, 2008

Alfredo Sauce

Sunday Lunch
  • Bowtie Pasta with Alfredo Sauce
  • Salad with Italian Vinaigrette
  • Bread
  • CAKE!
Alfredo sauce is one of the quickest and easiest sauces to make, so step away from the jar. In the time it takes to boil water and cook pasta? Done! So here we go.

Cook pasta of choice. Fettuccini is “traditional”, but just about anything works. I had an open box of bowtie pasta, so that’s what I used.

While water is heating, crisp pancetta in a little EVOO. Drain on a paper towel and set aside. (Pancetta is Italian “bacon”, cured, but not smoked. Allow 2 ounces per four servings.)

In a large shallow pan, melt a stick of butter. I use half and half instead of heavy cream so I sprinkle a generous tablespoon of flour into the melted butter. Whisk in 2 cups of half and half. Return to a boil, lower heat and simmer for five minutes.

When pasta has a few minutes left to cook, stir a cup of grated parmesan cheese into the sauce.

Drain pasta and toss with the sauce. Top with pancetta.


So good an so easy!


I also served a green salad made with red leaf lettuce, heart of palm, cucumber and mushrooms. I dressed it with vinaigrette. Equal parts red wine vinegar and EVOO. Salt (this is the time to use sea salt folks), pepper, garlic and Italian seasoning.

Precious Oldest was home this weekend and she baked the Saint a cake for his upcoming birthday. Isn’t that sweet? (It was cherry chip – not strawberry.)



Lunch was a long time ago. I think I need a snack.

No comments: