Thursday, March 6, 2008

Goulash

Slow Cook Goulash

1 ½ lbs. Lean Stew Meat
Half a Bag Pearl Onions
1 ¼ C. Beef Broth
1/3 C. Tomato Paste
¼ C. Brown Sugar
2 Tbs. Paprika
2 tsp. Garlic
Salt and Cayenne Pepper to taste

Heaping Tablespoon of cornstarch.

Spray the crock with Pam. Swear to God people, just do it. Dump in onions (frozen) and stew meat. (I don't bother with slow cook recipes that make you brown the meat. What's the point? And if you're gone more than eight hours, as I usually am, I like to use partially frozen meat to ensure it does not dry out. ) Sprinkle meat with salt.


Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk in cornstarch. (I mix this the night before if I think of it. Then it's done in the AM, and all I have to do is add the cornstarch.)

Pour down over the meat, set on low, cook for 8 hours.

Serve over egg noodles.

A little sweet, a little spicy, no oil or butter! What could be better? (Well, except my photography!)



No comments: